Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Motivation, Inspiration & True Self

As I have traveled my journey in creating my new life, I found that it was the conflicts that helped me to define my focus. I am grateful for each and everyone of them...

...and as I walk upon this new path I am discovering many things about myself, understanding and being comfortable in my flaws, as well as being comfortable in my abilities and my talents.

As I thought back about my art career to date, I see as I changed so did my reason for my art. As I discovered my true self so did my art and I am now on the verge of being able to really express this in my work.

Which brought me to being inspired yet motivated.

Many people use the words “motivated” and “inspired” interchangeably. But I’ve found something quite different to be the case.

Inspiration makes you create, dream and innovate. Motivation empowers you to execute.

Inspiration comes hard, it's often found in suffering. When people see bad times they're inspired to solve problems and make the world a better place.

Motivation makes them work to make that dream come true.

motivation is a pulling or pushing force 
Whether you use the word “motive” or you use the word “reason”, motivation needs to come from that source. Without having a reason or a motive, it will be hard to come by.

inspiration is an inside to outside force
 
The word “inspiration” comes from the late Latin word “inspirare” which means “in spirit” or “divine guidance”. Inspiration connects with you on the inside to a state of being more excited, productive, and/or purposeful.
And now I realize as I look back that I was extremely- maybe even obsessively- motivated with my art. Not to say that I was not creative or capable but my reason was from being pushed (as I was taught) to please others- yes, highly motivated.

We could go into my years of therapy to find the deep courage to find myself. I can tell you that I do know now that it is about balance of mind, body, and soul. I am truly and mindfully convinced of this and know that if you are on your own journey, you will need all of these to be examined and brought to their highest potential to bring you to your own highest potential- your true self. It is a hard but extremely fulfilling and eventually, a peaceful path. You will be able to see things and people more clearly and know how and if they fit into your life.

In that the realization, I am now being in my true self I find that I am now able to step into inspiration and I feel that my best art is about to be fully expressed! To finally shed my cocoon and spread my wings into full flight...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...